Is it difficult to open a restaurant? If you ask yourself this question, you can at least vaguely imagine that starting (and running) a successful restaurant business is quite difficult. To help you create the recipe for success, our team has compiled a restaurant opening quick guide. Find it below and explore the most popular concepts, follow the steps needed to start a business, identify the meaning behind a point of sale system for restaurantas well as to learn about the documents and equipment necessary for the effort.
Most Popular Restaurant Concepts
Determining your business concept should be one of the prerequisite tasks on your restaurant setup checklist. From the food itself to your service style, this should be a staple on your long checklist for starting a restaurant.
A restaurant concept is a theme that defines who you are as a restaurant. This is a great way for you to let your customers know what to expect when visiting your restaurant. Check out some of the most popular restaurant concepts below:
- fast food: this concept attracts customers through price, convenience and speed of service;
- relaxed: discreet environment, affordable price, as well as a unique decor based on the type of food are among the advantages of this concept;
- café: this concept is known for its terraces, its relaxed atmosphere and a multitude of loyal customers who keep coming back;
- Pizzeria: Everyone loves a good pizza, so find the best pizza recipes if you want your guests to always come back for more;
- pub or bar: there are a wide variety of variations of this concept, such as wine bars, cocktail bars, pubs with food, etc. ;
The steps to open a restaurant
Check out the most crucial steps for starting your own catering business below:
- Decide on the concept and style of restaurant service.
- Make a plan with your catering business ideas.
- Analyze the financial side of the deal, decide on financing options.
- Research and obtain all necessary documents.
- Register your newly established business with relevant government organizations.
- Purchase all necessary materials.
- Focus on hiring qualified personnel.
- Sort a menu.
- Hire a professional marketer.
Licenses and permits needed to open a restaurant
What do you need to open a restaurant in terms of documents? It’s a smart question, and the answer should be crystal clear to you in the early stages of turning your plan into reality. So, here are some of the most essential documents needed:
- Business license;
- a unique 9-digit number assigned to a company;
- permits to serve food cooked on site;
- liquor license.
What equipment does a restaurant need?
Before you open a cafe or restaurant, equip it with top-notch equipment. The type of equipment you will need is largely determined by your concept. Besides typical refrigerators and the most common kitchen utensils, you may need niche-specific equipment, like professional stand mixers (for bakeries) or pizza ovens (for pizzerias).
Now that we’ve covered the basics of setting up a restaurant, it’s time to explain the concept of point of sale. So what does POS mean in restaurants? It’s a mix of hardware and software needed to run your business, a computerized central hub that helps you track sales, cash flow, food inventory and dramatically strengthens your accounting process. If you are looking for a reliable restaurant POS system, ORTY is definitely the answer.